Saturday, February 11, 2012

No Parking, Baby


                                                 










So, in the way the universe always seems to do I got reminded about what is really important as soon as I got the kiddos to bed and settled in to write this post.

Y'all, Whitney Houston died.

It's funny how those really really famous people from your childhood disappear even though they're still alive. But you still know they're around, and can sing one of their songs like it was only a minute ago that you heard it on the radio. I was never a huge fan, but she did sing one of my favorite renditions of "The Star Spangled Banner" ever. She should have gone on to get really old and sell out concerts for decades. Too bad about that drug problem.

I was going to write about this woman who was out of the blue awful to me this afternoon. (in front of the boys. Ugh.) Completely unreasonably rude and mean. But then I turned on the computer and there's the news of Whitney Houston's death and I started thinking about her child. Her mom. All the people who will miss her although she'd probably been missing for years. I got some perspective.

 I wished it were that woman who had died. Instead of Whitney Houston.

No, no, no. I'm only mostly kidding about that.

I hope that lady really liked Whitney Houston. That it makes her sad to hear that Whitney died. That it makes her think of not worrying about small things since life can disappear in an instant. Maybe she'll even think of me. With my two red-cheeked children laughing our way to the car until she roared into our afternoon bitching about parking. Perhaps she'll remember next time to not be so rude and impatient. Perhaps.

I'm thinking about putting a Whitney Houston CD on her doorstep with a picture me and the kiddos and the van so she'll recognize me. The CD with "I-e-i-e-i will always love you-oooooo" on it.

I probably won't do that. But it did make me laugh to think about. Which made me feel better about feeling so grumpy about that mean woman. And made me feel better about Whitney Houston. Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment